Monday, October 13, 2008

Highlights. . .




Everything is going well here in Florence and I am commencing week three of my stay so I thought I would give you all some highlights.




So far I have visted three other towns, Fiesole- a quiet Etruscan town minutes away from Florence. We also visited Pisa to see the leaning tower and Lucca (right) for a nice afternoon stroll. I have climbed the Duomo here in Florence and I visited the Uffizi and the Boboli Gardens with my museum pass.




I have been sad that there are not very many animals in the center of Florence, especially cats. However when I went to the Boboli gardens on Saturday, I discovered that all the cats in Florence are there and it is quite a haven for them!




Sunday a group of us took a trip to Cinque Terre and what a grand day that was. I was swimming in the Ligurian Sea I realised that was THE highlight of my trip. The day was beautiful, and the sea was as clear as could be - you could see the fish swimming between you as you floated along.
Well, I'll have more pictures and maybe some video up soon, tomorrow if not wednesday!
Ciao


No comments:

use code: BLES6830
Shop toys, games, books, video games, music and more! Buy Toys at YoYo.com
New customers to Yoyo.com, AfterSchool.com or other Quidsi sites only. $20 maximum discount. Subject to change or cancellation.